Family Image

Family Image

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Brother Left for University of Queensland

My brother left for Brisbane to start his uni at the University of Queensland.

We sent him off last Sunday morning. Yes I can wake up early when it is really important. (so if i were ever late, you know where you stand... haha...). Kitiara's fans will understand the italics. But i digress...

The flight was at the new airport Terminal 3. Looks new.

My dad accompanied him. He will be there for 1 week, to help Tony settle down. My mum had to stay back because she needed to stay back to "bai ti gong" * on the 8th of the first month of lunar new year.

*to pray to the Heaven God. a tradition mostly conducted by Hokkiens in Singapore (needs verification).

I am certain she was sad to see Tony leave. I just hope Tony knows the extent (AND AS SUCH STUDY EXTRA HARD).

My brother will succeed in anything he set out to accomplish if he tries hard enough. This trip will no doubt be a stern test to his resolve. If he comes back with good grades, he comes back not only with good grades but a never-before-gained self-confidence of the first sentence of this paragraph.

Hmmm, looking back it was 11 years ago me and my brother were in opposite shoes. 11 years.

I hope he enjoys the full experience of oversea study, as I did (and yes that includes sleeping all day and waking at 7pm to watch the Simpsons; and to those who fail to appreciate that - it's your loss).

I wanted to wish him all the best, but i don't remember I said that to him. As we were walking back to the carpark to collect my car, I was feeling quite down. But suddenly, a thought came to me as vividly as it happened some 11 years ago - when I wished a friend "all the best", and he replied in his youthful conviction:"Don't worry, I'm in Good Hands!".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm...i surmise that chap was jem-ster? ... anyway, im sure ur brother will try to win back the chandelier for u ! =) ... berns

Kelvin Lim said...

yes it was jemster

Anonymous said...

how many years will he be there for? - WY

Kelvin Lim said...

1.5 year course, taking into consideration the exemptions.