Family Image

Family Image

Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson Passes On

Hmm...

One of my earliest memories of Michael Jackson was his Thriller MTV, where he transformed into some sort of monster zombie dancing around the streets. I was amazed, and at the same time scared (hey i was very young then...).

Fast forward a couple of years later, during my secondary school years, I watched his Dangerous music videos on the MTV Countdown shows on Channel 5 every Friday nights. I was blown away by the special effects and exquisite details that were incomparable to any mvs of its days and of present day too. There was the mv "Black or White", co-starring the young Home Alone star, Macaulay Culkin; then there was the "Remember the Time" mv, where Jackson travelled to the lavish Egyptian royal courts where Eddie Murphy was the Pharoah; superb... superb...

It is fair to say Jackson's mvs and music left indelible impressions on my formative years.

You see I believed in magic when I was young, and still do. And, in no small ways, Jackson's mvs reaffirm that belief.

Thank you Michael Jackson.

No comments: