Family Image

Family Image

Monday, July 6, 2009

Of Bernie, Owen and Manchester United

First off, I have to add my dear friend, Bernie to the title, simply because he is the impetus for me writing this piece. Also, the chance of putting him in the same title together with my beloved club Manchester United, provides enough sinister pleasure to spend some time writing.

Well then, Owen. I say, why not? I liken him to Sheringham.... the latter scored in United's Champions League Final of '99 rite? Both Owen and Ferguson are pragmatists and realists, who have track records that inspire the idealists (wow..). So, the coming of Owen is good.

Well, i've read Steven Gerrard's autobiography. He said he could never have played for Manchester United. Because his family, he neighbourhood and everything he holds dear, forbids him to join United. Any other club but United. Well, as you have read from my pervious posts, for this reason alone, he will remain the tragic hero of anfield. Had he joined United years ago, he would have laid claim to multiple premiership championships, no doubt. But he chose to remain at anfield, and he claims he is happy. I believe him. Let's move on.

So will i welcome Owen to Old Trafford? Of the course! I admire talent, and I have no legacy burden of such magnitude as to compel me to hate a particular player or club, so what is to stop me from celebrating a proven talent from joining Manchester United?


ps: Speaking of celebration... hmm.. i have to confess.. you know, on that night of the Champions League Final between United and Barca.. I was waiting for the game to start (at 3am or something...). It was like 1am plus.. so i ordered McDelivery to celebrate..

But after eating.. i was overcome with sleepiness.. so i thought i better lie down for a short while.. anyway still got around 2 hours to kick off mah...

I woke up at 5.30 am.. on the TV... United lost 0-2... nbz..

Sorri United.. had I not ordered McDelivery, i would not have been so sleepy after the meal, n i would not have gone to lie down, and i would not have over-napped.. n you would not have lost... I know this is the Butterfly Effect at work... Sorry once again.. won't fail you next season!

No comments: